This converter lets you send and receive data using the RS485 network from your Arduino/micro controller. Similar to Serial TTL and RS232 interfaces, the RS485 lets you transfer data between micro controllers and devices but with extra features! RS485 is an industry standard protocol for data transfer and provides numerous advantages. It lets you transfer data between up to 32 devices, through the same data line over a cable length of up to 1.2km (4000ft) with a maximum data rate of 10Mbit/s. This converter is designed for office and industrial applications (non-isolated), and provides superior characteristics/features normally found only on more expensive units.
The USB to RS485 Converter Adapter Support Win7 XP Linux Vista Mac OS provides an easy to use RS485 interface by means of a Virtual Com Port on the user’s system. There are no command structures, whatever is sent to the Virtual Comm Port is automatically converted to RS485 and vice versa. The module is completely self-powered from the USB bus.
Controlling / Communicating with RS-485 devices from your PC has never been easier! This device is plug-and-play. It shows up as a serial/com port and is accessible from applications or hyper-terminal.
- Supports baud rate range : 75bps - 115200bps , up to 6Mbps
- Screw Terminal: 2
- Baud Rate: 75 to 115200bps
- Baud Rate: 6Mbps
- Working temperature range: -40°C ~ +85°C
- Communication distance:1200m(max)
- Size: 6.1cmx1.6cmx1.3cm(L*W*H)
- Fully compliant USB 2.0 standard, backward compatible with USB1.1
- Support System: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Linux, macOS, and WinCE5.0 drive
- Supports Plug, Play and hot-swap ( USB side)
- Better than using a CH341D chip or similar chip to support the laptop USB port
- Communication distance up to 1.2KM, with the anti-jamming performance of the industrial site
- No need external power, powered by USB port
- All kinds with RS485 port device parameter settings, data communication
- Monitoring data read and write, and PTZ control
- Centralized control of household electrical appliances
- Machine PLC data reading and writing
- Parking, bus fees, Dining Hall, staff attendance, highway toll station, ATM machine, etc
- Communication with Access Control System, a variety of industrial automation, instrumentation.