The TCS3472 light-to-digital converter contains a 3 × 4 photodiode array, four analog-to-digital converters (ADC) that integrate the photodiode current, data registers, a state machine, and an I2C interface. The 3 × 4 photodiode array is composed of red-filtered, green-filtered, blue-filtered, and clear (unfiltered) photodiodes. In addition, the photodiodes are coated with an IR-blocking filter. The four integrating ADCs simultaneously convert the amplified photodiode currents to a 16-bit digital value. Upon completion of a conversion cycle, the results are transferred to the data registers, which are double-buffered to ensure the integrity of the data. All of the internal timing, as well as the low-power wait state, is controlled by the state machine.
The TCS3472 device provides a digital return of red, green, blue (RGB), and clear light sensing values. An IR blocking filter, integrated on-chip and localized to the color sensing photodiodes, minimizes the IR spectral component of the incoming light and allows color measurements to be made accurately. The high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, and IR blocking filter make the TCS3472 an ideal color sensor solution for use under varying lighting conditions and through attenuating materials.
- Model: TCS34725
- Operating Voltage (VDC): 3V
- Supply Voltage(VDC): 3V to 5V
- PCB Thickness(mm): 7V
- Size: 20.5mm*20.5mm*3mm (L*W*H)
- Very High Sensitivity — Ideally Suited for Operation Behind Dark Glass
- Red, Green, Blue (RGB), and Clear Light Sensing with IR Blocking Filter
- 3,800,000:1 Dynamic Range
- RGB LED backlight control
- Solid-state lighting
- Health/fitness products
- Industrial process controls and medical diagnostic equipment