TCS3200 RGB Color Sensor For Arduino is a complete color detector, including a TCS3200 RGB sensor chip and 4 white LEDs. The TCS3200 can detect and measure a nearly limitless range of visible colors.
The TCS3200 RGB Color Sensor For Arduino has an array of photodetectors, each with either a red, green, or blue filter, or no filter (clear). The filters of each color are distributed evenly throughout the array to eliminate location bias among the colors. Internal to the device is an oscillator that produces a square-wave output whose frequency is proportional to the intensity of the chosen color.
The TCS3200 color sensor can detect a wide variety of colors based on their wavelength.
- Single-Supply Operation: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Voltage Input Range: 3.3V~5V
- Communication Interface: S0-S3 E0 OUT
- Pin Specification: Standard 100mil (2.54mm)
- Optimum Distance to Detected Object: Around 1cm
- On-board TCS3200 Color Sensor
- Stable 200 ppm/°C Temperature Coefficient
- Size: 3CM x 2.7CM (Length x width)
- Interface: Digital TTL
- Compact design
- Resolution Conversion of Light Intensity to Frequency
- Programmable Color and Full-Scale Output Frequency
- Power Down Feature
- Focusable lens provides a sharply-defined field of view
- Two current-regulated white LEDs for illumination
- Onboard white LEDs can be gated on and off for ambient light subtraction
- Support LED lamp light supplement control
- Communicates Directly to Microcontroller
- Anti-light interference
- White LED can control the on and off.
- Can detect non-luminous object color
- High-resolution conversion of light intensity to frequency
- Low-profile surface-mount package
- LED testing
- projects requiring color detection and sorting operation
- Test strip reading
- Sorting by color projects
- Ambient light sensing and calibration
- Color matching