This IR reflective sensor utilizes a TCRT5000 to detect color and distance. It emits IR and then detects if it receives the echo. This sensor is often used in line following robots, auto data logging on utility meters, because this module can sense if a surface is white or black.
The measuring distance range from 1mm to 8mm, and the central point is about 2.5mm. There is also an on-board potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity. The infrared diode will emitting the infrared continuously when the module connect to the power, when the emitted infrared light has not been reflected or the strength is not big enough, the module will in the off state, at this time, D0 output logic HIGH and the signal indicate LED off.
- Module Model: TCRT5000
- Operating Voltage(VDC): 3.3 to 5
- Supply Current (A): ≥ 20mA
- Optimal Sensing Distance(mm): 3
- Detect Distance: 1-25 mm
- Length (mm): 42
- Width (mm): 10
- Height (mm): 10
- Weight (gm): 2
- Supply Voltage: 3.3V~5V
- Detect distance: 1mm-8mm
- Digital Outputs LOW when objects detected
- On-board indicator LED to show the results
- On-board potentiometer to adjust the sensitivity
- On-board LM393 chip
- Has a fixed bolt hole for easy installation.
Pin Description: Applications:
- Meter pulse data sampling
- Fax paper shredders detection
- Obstacle detection
- Black and white line detection
- Line following robot
- Position sensor for shaft encoder
- Detection of reflective material such as paper, IBM card, magnetic tapes, etc.
- Limit switch for mechanical motions in VCR
- General purpose - wherever space is limited