Soil moisture sensor measure the water content in soil. Measuring soil moisture is important in agriculture to help farmers manage their irrigation systems more efficiently. Not only are farmers able to generally use less water to grow a crop, but they are also able to increase yields and the quality of the crop by better management of soil moisture during critical plant growth stages. Besides agriculture, there are many other disciplines using soil moisture sensors. Golf courses are now using sensors to increase the efficiencies of their irrigation systems to prevent over watering and leaching of fertilizers and other chemicals offsite. The module uses LM393 comparator to compare the soil moisture level with the preset threshold. When the soil moisture deficit module outputs a high level, and vice versa.
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V to 5V DC
- Operating Current: 15mA
- Output Digital - 0V to 5V, Adjustable trigger level from preset
- Output Analog - 0V to 5V based on infrared radiation from fire flame falling on the sensor
- LEDs indicating output and power
- PCB Size: 3.2cm x 1.4cm
- LM393 based design
- Easy to use with Microcontrollers or even with normal Digital/Analog IC
- Sensitivity adjustable.
- Has fixed bolt hole, convenient installation.
- Threshold level can be configured.
- Module triple output mode, digital output is simple, analog output more accurate, serial output with exact readings.
- Small, cheap and easily available
Pin Diagram :
- VCC = 3.3V to 5V DC
- GND = Ground
- DO = Digital Output.
- Landscape irrigation
- Botanical Garden
- Water Sensor
- Used in Controlled Environments