The SIM800L is a micro SIM low cost GSM/GPRS Development Module. The Module supports TTL communication and hence can easily communicate with Microcontrollers without the need of additional data converters like MAX232. The module also supports antenna with IPX connector.
SIM800Lmodule can be used to make a cell, receive a call,send and receive text messages, connecting to internet through GPRS, TCP/IP, etc. Moreover the module supports quad-band GSM/GPRS network,so it can operate globally.
The SIM800L GPRS GSM Module is compact in nature and hence can be directly used on final Designs. The on-board LED indicates the connection status of the Board, when there is no signal the LED flashes quickly and when a signal is established it flashes slowly.
- Supply voltage range 3.4V ~ 4.4V
- Chip: SIM800L
- Voltage: 3.7-4.2 V
- Support networks: Global four-band network
- Size: 2.5cm*2.3cm (L*W)
- The SIM800L Module supports quad-band GSM/GPRS network, available for GPRS and SMS message data remote transmission.
- The SIM800L supports command including 3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands.
- The board also supports the A-GPS technique which is called mobile positioning. These features make it can also be a tracker module.
- Supports Real-Time Clock
- Micro SIM Card
- IoT applications
- GPS based projects
- Robotics projects