An LED matrix is a two dimensional array of LEDs that can be used to display symbols, characters or even images. 64 bright white LEDs are contained inside the plastic body, in an 8x8 matrix.
The MAX7219 does all the control and refresh work for you in driving the 8x8 matrix display. Using an Arduino like micro controller, and 3 pins, you can drive the display or daisy chain multiple displays.
- Driver Chip: MAX7219
- Input Voltage: 3.7 to 5.3 V
- Input Current: 320 mA
- Display Dimensions: 32mm*32mm*6mm (LxWxH)
- PCD Dimensions: 50mm*32mm(LxW)
- Requires only 3 communication wires of MCU
- Cascading multiple Matrix LED Module is very easy
- Size of the display is very compact
- The PCB features M3 holes for mounting
- Digital Electronics
- Memory units
- Digital systems