This is a very popular LCD Keypad shield for Arduino or Freeduino board. It includes a 2x16 LCD display and 6 momentary push buttons. Pins 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 are used to interface with the LCD. Analog Pin 0 is used to read the push buttons. The LCD shield supports contrast adjustment and backlit on/off functions. It also expands analog pins for easy analog sensor reading and display.
The LCD Keypad shield is developed for Arduino compatible boards, to provide a user-friendly interface that allows users to go through the menu, make selections etc. It consists of a 1602 white character blue backlight LCD. The keypad consists of 5 keys — select, up, right, down and left. To save the digital IO pins, the keypad interface uses only one ADC channel. The key value is read through a 5 stage voltage divider
- LCD size: 20.5mm * 41mm
- Display capacity: 16*2 character
- White texts on blue background
- Comes with a potentiometer to adjust the backlight
- Chip working voltage: 4.5-5.5V
- Working current: 2.0 mA (5.0V)
- Optimum working voltage: 5.0V
- Character size: 2.95*4.35 (W*H) mm
- Dimensions: 80mm *58mm*22mm
- Weight: 51.5g
- Four sensor analog interfaces
- Ultrasonic sensor interface
- Bluetooth module interface
- APC220 wireless digital module communication interface
- The contrast adjustment key,backlight optional switch,four directions buttons key,a select key and a reset button.
- It is used in arduino projects to display the output.
- Multiple DIY projects