The IR Proximity Sensor has a pair of infrared transmitter and receiver tube. The infrared light emitting diode emits a certain frequency. So, when it encounters an object, it reflects from the surface of object. The IR receiver diode, senses the reflected IR light. The signal from IR receiver diode is fed into a comparator circuit, which will provide output to the MCU.
The sensitivity of the IR Sensor module is adjustable using the onboard variable resistor.
- Main Chip: LM358/LM393
- Operating Voltage Range: 3.6~5 VDC
- Average Current Consumption (mA): 0.06mA
- Field of view: 35 Â°
- Distance Measuring Range: 2 ~ 30cm
- Mounting Hole: 3mm Diameter
- Module Dimensions: 48mm*14mm*8mm(L*W*H)
- Easy to assemble and use
- Onboard detection indication
- The effective distance range of 2cm to 80cm
- A preset knob to fine-tune distance range
- If there is an obstacle, the indicator lights on the circuit board.
- Obstacle Detection
- Industrial safety devices
- Wheel encoder