The GY-273 module is based on the Honeywell HMC5883LIC for low-field magnetic sensing with a digital interface for applications such as lowcost compassing and magnetometry. The HMC5883L includes state-of-threat, high-resolution HMC118X series magneto-resistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification; automatic degaussing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy. The I2C serial bus allows for an easy interface.
The HMC5883L utilizes Honeywell’s Anisotropic Magnetoresistive (AMR)technology that provides advantages over other magnetic sensor technologies. These anisotropic, directional sensors feature precision in-axis sensitivity and linearity.
These sensor's solid-state construction with very low cross-axis sensitivity is designed to measure both the direction and the magnitude of Earth’s magnetic fields, from milli-gauss to 8 gausses. Honeywell’s Magnetic Sensors are among the most sensitive and reliable low-field sensors in the industry.
- Model: HMC5883L
- Input Supply:3 5V
- Operating temperature(C) -30 ~ +85
- Data rate: 160Hz
- Operating Voltage: 3 -5 V DC
- Driver Chip: QMC5883L
- Power supply voltage: 5V
- PCB size: 20mm*15 mm
- Measuring Range: ± 1.3-8 gauss
- 1-2 degree heading accuracy.
- A range of -8 to +8 Gauss.
- Communication: IIC communication protocol.
- 3-axis magnetic electronic compass.
- Precise heading information.
- Enables 1° to 2° Compass Heading Accuracy
- QMC5883L contains a 3 axis Magnetometer Compass Sensor in a single package and simplifies
- Digital I2C interface to read the output of the sensor
- Onboard voltage regulator allows a wide operating voltage range between 3V-5V
- Mobile Phones
- Consumer Electronics
- Auto Navigation Systems
- Personal Navigation Devices
- Home brew virtual reality systems
- Interactive installations