An IR sensor array consists of 5 TCRT 5000 sensors at the bottom, an IR sensor emitter and receiver arrangement at the front to detect obstacles or obstruction and a bump switch ( more commonly known as a limit switch). The array can be used effectively in robotic applications like a line follower robot. Using this array we can view the sensor outputs either in digital format (i.e. 1 or 0) or in analog format with output in varying voltage ranges.
This sensor array is also known as infrared array detector, infrared array sensor or infrared linear array detector. The approximate operating wavelength of the sensor array is 5 cm. The IR sensor array operates on 5V and can be used with a development kit easily. It is also known as an Infrared array detector, infrared array sensor, Infrared array sensor grid-eye, Infrared sensor array Arduino, Infrared linear array detector.
- Input voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Output Type: Digital output (high and low)
- Detecting distance: 0-4cm (black line sensor)
- 0-5cm (adjustable distance detection)
- Size: 13mm*5mm*2mm (L*W*H)
- 5 channel high sensitivity sensor
- High accuracy for tracking black line
- Distance sensor at the front, distance can be adjusted
- Special touch sensor design, making the robot design simple
- Digital output signal
- Indicator LEDs
- Robotics application
- Special touch sensor design