The W5100 is a versatile single-chip network interface chip with a 10/100Mbs Ethernet controller integrated internally. It is mainly used in a high integrated, high stable, high performance and low cost embedded system. The W5100 enables you to connect to the Internet without operation system. It is also compatible with IEEE802.3 10BASE-T and 802.3u 100BASE-TX.
W5100 integrates a market-proven full-hardware TCP/IP protocol stack inside, Ethernet media access control (MAC) layer and physical layer (PHY). The hardware TCP/IP protocol stack supports the following protocols: TCP, UDP, IPV4, ICMP, ARP, IGMP and PPoE, which have been tested by the market for years in many fields. In addition, W5100 also integrates 16KB memory for data transmission. For W5100, you don't need to consider the control of the Ethernet; what you need to do is socket programming.
The W5100 has three interfaces: direct parallel bus, indirect parallel bus and SPI bus. It is easy to connect it with an MCU, just like accessing an external memory. Here we use the Ethernet library to apply W5100 more easily and conveniently.
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Ethernet Controller: W5100 with internal 16K buffer
- Connection speed: 10/100 Mb
- Dimensions: 73mm x 54mm x 17mm
- Weight: 26g
- Dimensions: 7cm x 5.4cm x 2.4cm
- With this Ethernet Shield, your Arduino board can be used to connect to the Internet.
- Can be used as server or client.
- Directly plug puzzle board, no soldering required.
- Controller: w5100.
- This is the latest version of the Ethernet Shield.
- Directly supported by Arduino official Ethernet Library.
- Adds a micro-SD card slot, to store files for serving over the network.
- Compatible with the Arduino Duemilanove (168 or 328), Uno as well as Mega (1280/2560), accessible using the SD library.
- Supports up to four simultaneous socket connections.
- Uses the Ethernet library to write sketches which connect to the internet using the shield.
- Fits all version of arduino Main board,2009,UNO, mega 1280, mega 2560.
- Size: 7 x 5.4 x 2.4 cm (2.76 x 2.12 x 0.94 inch).
- Home Network Devices: Set-Top Boxes, PVRs, Digital Media Adapters
- Serial-to-Ethernet: Access Controls, LED displays, Wireless AP relays, etc
- Parallel-to-Ethernet: POS / Mini Printers, Copiers
- USB-to-Ethernet: Storage Devices, Network Printers
- GPIO-to-Ethernet: Home Network Sensors
- Security Systems: DVRs, Network Cameras, Kiosks
- Factory and Building Automations
- Medical Monitoring Equipments
- Embedded Servers