DHT11 is a low-cost digital sensor for sensing temperature and humidity. This sensor can be easily interfaced with any micro-controller such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi etc… to measure humidity and temperature instantaneously.
DHT11 humidity and temperature sensor is available as a sensor and as a module. The difference between this sensor and module is the pull-up resistor and a power-on LED. DHT11 is a relative humidity sensor. To measure the surrounding air this sensor uses a thermistor and a capacitive humidity sensor.
- Operating Voltage: 3.5V to 5.5V
- Operating current: 0.3mA (measuring) 60uA (standby)
- Output: Serial data
- Temperature Range: 0°C to 50°C
- Humidity Range: 20% to 90%
- Resolution: Temperature and Humidity both are 16-bit
- Accuracy: ±1°C and ±1%
- DHT11 sensor with PCB and LED indicator along with cable; 3 to 5V power and I/O, 4 pins with 0.1″ spacing
- Good for 20-80% humidity readings with 5% accuracy
- 2.5mA max current use during conversion (while requesting data)
- Good for 0-50°C temperature readings ±2°C accuracy.
- The board has a pre-built 4.7K or 10K resistor, which you will need to use as a pull-up from the data pin to VCC
- Measure temperature and humidity
- Local Weather station
- Automatic climate control
- Environment monitoring