CP2102 Module is CP2102 based on highly integrated single-chip USB to TTL bridge IC. it requires the very minimum external components. The module has a built-in USB2.0 full-speed function controller, USB transceiver, crystal oscillator, EEPROM, and asynchronous serial data bus (UART). It supports a full-featured modem signal without any external USB device. This is a powerful tool for those who want to make PC interfaced projects or devices.
This module can be used with a laptop that does not have a standard serial port. It makes a virtual COM port using USB on the computer which can support various Baud rates for serial communication.
This USB to TTL adapter is based on the CP2102 USB to TTL serial converter IC. It is commonly used when microcontrollers like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC etc have to communicate with computers through serial communication. As USB has DATA lines D+ and D- that can be connected and routed by CMOS switches. The USB can be connected to many peripheral devices and has a very fast speed of data transfer also it is used with Windows, Mac or any other operating system. On the other hand, Arduino and other microcontrollers works on UART data transfer protocol i.e. TTL logic level data transfer protocol it only works on 0V or 5V logic levels. That is why we need a USB to TTL serial converter IC so that Arduino or any other controller which work on UART protocol can be connected to the computer. It can also be used to program and or communicate with a GPS/GSM module through AT commands. The module supports both 3.3V and 5V interface.
- Power supply: 5V and 3.3V
- Baud rate: 300bps to 1.5Mbps
- EEPROM: 1024 Byte
- Chip: CP2102
- Temperature range: -40℃ to +85℃
- Brand new and high quality
- Included USB transceiver, without external circuit device
- Includes a clock circuit and power-on reset circuit
- With 3.3V and 5V dual power output
- With three LEDs: power indicator, data reception indicator, the data transmission indicator, working status
- Meet the USB2.0 specification requirements
- SUSPEND pin supports USB suspend state
- With self-recovery fuse. In the event of the accidental short circuit, it can effectively protect your computer USB port and Downloader
- Asynchronous serial data bus compatible with all handshake and modulation controller interface signals
- The supported data format is 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and parity bits
- Connotation 512 byte receive buffer and 512 bytes transmit buffer
- Supports hardware handshaking or X-ON/X-OFF
- Upgrade of RS-232 legacy devices to USB
- Cellular phone USB interface cable
- PDA USB interface cable
- USB to RS-232 serial adapter