BH1750 is a digital ambient light sensor that is used commonly used in mobile phones to manipulate the screen brightness based on the environment lighting. This sensor can accurately measure the LUX value of light up to 65535lx.
The BH1750 is a light intensity sensor that can be used to adjust the brightness of display in mobiles and LCD displays. It can also be used to turn the headlights of cars on/off based on the outdoor lighting. The sensor uses I2C communication protocol so that makes it super easy to use with microcontrollers. The SCL and SDA pins are for I2C.
- Power Supply: 2.4V-3.6V (typically 3.0V)
- Less current consumption: 0.12mA
- Measuring Rang: 1-65535lx
- Communication: I2C bus
- Accuracy: +/-20%
- Size: 18mm*13mm*3mm(L*W*H)
- Built in A/D converter for converting analog illuminance in the digital data.
- Very small effect of IR radiation
- Highly responsive near to human eye
- Manipulate brightness in mobile phones/LCD
- Automobile Headlights on/off control based on surrounding lighting conditions
- Used as Ambient light sensors to control the brightness of Display screens