Beaglebone Black is no less than a computer. Yes, you read it right. It is packed with everything you find on a desktop or a laptop. A powerful processor, memory, and graphic acceleration, all shrunken down as chips and soldered into a single circuit board. Therefore, it is fair enough to call it a single-board computer.
This powerful microcontroller board can be hooked up with a display, speakers, Ethernet network, keyboard, and mouse. Moreover, it can be used to boot up a LINUX operating system.
It is a powerful tool for hobbyists and researchers to build sophisticated projects and a good approach to learning more about LINUX-based operating systems.
- Architecture: ARM Cortex-A8
- RAM: 512MB 606MHz DDR3L
- Storage: 4GB eMMC Flash
- Graphics(GPU): PowerVR SGX530
- Audio: Micro-HDMI
- Dimensions: 86.3mm*53.3mm
- Network: 10/100 Ethernet
- Power: 5V
- Onboard HDMI to connect directly to TVs and monitors
- More and faster memory now with 512MB DDR3L 400MHz SDRAM, 4GB eMMC Memory
- Onboard storage frees up the microSD card slot for greater expansion
- Support for existing Cape plug-in boards
- TPS65217C PMIC regulator and one additional LDO
- Motor controller
- Controlling and monitoring using Display cape
- Bluetooth connectivity projects