This data logger shield provides an Arduino Uno, Leonardo, or Mega with the ability to log sensor data to an SD card with the minimum of set-up. The shield includes the very popular DS1307 battery-backed real-time clock (RTC).
This RTC will keep an accurate track of the data and time for up to several years, even when the shield isn’t being powered. A standard SD card reader is provided to allow FAT16 or FAT32 formatted SD cards up to 32GB in size to be read or written to and is compatible with the standard SD card library.
The shield also contains appropriate level shifting circuitry to protect the 3.3V interface of your SD card. A very useful prototyping area consisting of a grid of pads on a standard 0.1″ pitch provides an area to add your own components such as sensors to interface to your Arduino board.
- Operating voltage: 3.3 v
- SD Card protrudes by 10mm (0.4in) when inserted
- This board/chip uses I2C 7-bit address 0x68
- Size: 68mm*54mm*24mm (L*W*H)
- SD card interface works with FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards. 3.3v level shifter circuitry prevents damage to your SD card
- A real-time clock (RTC) keeps the time going even when the Arduino is unplugged The battery backup lasts for years
- Included libraries and example code for both SD and RTC mean you can get going quickly Prototyping area for soldering connectors, circuitry, or sensors
- The onboard 3.3v regulator is both a reliable reference voltage and also reliably runs SD cards that require a lot of power to run
- A dedicated and well-designed data logging shield for Arduino
- Data logger is a reliable, well-rounded and versatile design
- Easily expanded or modified and come well supported with online documentation and libraries
In many electronic projects, particulary IoT (Internet of Things) projects, you will need to log data (store or keep) like temperature, time, humidity, current, power, light intensity, and many more. With this data logger shield, you can do it easily because the hardware connection is ready with proper SD card socket, Real Time Clock, level shifter for Arduino. It is plug and use shield for data logging