The ADXL345 is a small, low power, complete 3-axis MEMS accelerometer modules with both I2C and SPI interfaces. This ADXL345 Accelerometer module consists of an ADXL345 Accelerometer IC, Voltage Regulator IC, Level Shifter IC, resistors, and capacitors in an integrated circuit. Different manufacturers use a different voltage regulator IC.
ADXL345 IC from Analog Devices is the brain of this module. The ADXL345 is a small, thin, low power, complete 3-axis accelerometer with signal conditioned voltage outputs.
ADXL345 Accelerometer module consists of 8 pins. Using the ADXL345 module with a microcontroller is very easy. Connect VCC and GND pins to 5V and GND pins of Microcontroller. Also, connect SCL and SDA pins to the SCL and SDA pins of Arduino.
The basic structure of the accelerometer consists of fixed plates and moving plates. When the acceleration is applied on an axis capacitance between fixed plates and moving plates is changed. This results in a sensor output voltage amplitude, which is proportional to the acceleration.
- Voltage - Supply: 3.3 V/ 5V.
- Interface: I²C, SPI.
- Sensing Range: ±2g, 4g, 8g, 16g.
- X: 28.6 LSB/g.
- Y: 31.2 LSB/g.
- Z: 34.5 LSB/g.
- Sensor Type: Accelerometer 3 Axis.
- Dimensions: 28 mm x 14 mm.
- Weight: 10 gm.
- Ultra Low Power: 40µA in measurement mode, 0.1µA in standby@ 2.5V.
- Built in motion detection functions
- Tap/Double Tap detection
- Activity/Inactivity monitoring
- Free-Fall detection
- Flexible interrupt modes – Any interrupt mappable to either interrupt pin
- Measurement ranges selectable via serial command
- Bandwidth selectable via serial command
- On-board LDO Voltage regulator
- Built-in Voltage level convertor (MOSFET based)
- Cost-sensitive, low power, motion- and tilt-sensing applications
- Mobile devices
- Gaming systems
- Disk drive protection
- Image stabilization
- Sports and health devices
- Personal navigation devices
- HDD protection
- Digital cameras