For microcontrollers without an analog-to-digital converter or when you want a higher-precision ADC, the ADS1115 provides 16-bit precision at 860 samples/second over I2C. The chip can be configured as 4 single-ended input channels, or two differential channels.
As a nice bonus, it even includes a programmable gain amplifier, up to x16, to help boost up smaller single/differential signals to the full range. We like this ADC because it can run from 2V to 5V power/logic, can measure a large range of signals and its super easy to use. It is a great general purpose 16 bit converter.
- Operating Voltage: 2 to 5.5V
- Programmable Data Rate : 8 SPS to 860 SPS
- I2C INTERFACE : Pin-Selectable Addresses
- LOW CURRENT CONSUMPTION: Continuous Mode: Only 150 uA Single-Shot Mode: Auto Shut-Down
- ADC Bit rate: 16 Bit
- Size : 28mm*16mm (L*W)
- It has an Internal low-drift voltage reference
- It Has a Internal Oscillator
- It Has a Internal PGA
- It has four single ends or two differential inputs
- Programmable Comparator
- High-precision instrumentation
- Automotive electronics
- Battery voltage collection and other high-precision collection occasions