A diode is a device which allows current flow through only one direction. That is the current should always flow from the Anode to cathode. The cathode terminal can be identified by using a grey bar as shown in the picture above.
The 1N5404 is a power diode because of its high forward current and reverse voltage with a power dissipation of 6.25W.
- Diode Element Material: SILICON
- Forward Voltage-Max: 1.0 V
- Non-rep Pk Forward Current-Max: 200.0 A
- Operating Temperature-Min: -65 °C to 125 °C
- Output Current-Max: 3.0 A
- Rep Pk Reverse Voltage-Max: 400.0 V
- High Current to Small Size
- High Surge Current Capability
- Low Forward Voltage Drop
- Can be used to prevent reverse polarity problem
- HV supplies
- Half Wave and Full Wave rectifiers
- Used as a protection device
- Current flow regulators